The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

rainpelt  GROUP  COUNT  

CLOSED Searching for the Right One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CLOSED Searching for the Right One Empty CLOSED Searching for the Right One

Post by Longstorm Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 am

Searingeyes, lead Powerful of Abyssclan, slowly padded down the broken thunderpaths of the two-leg City.
It was strange here compared to his forest home. The constant stream of thoughts had slowly shifted from Warrior duties, herbs, training and hunting to dogs, rogues, two-legs, and two-leg food.
This place is pure filth, Searingeyes thought as he padded along. He could feel the stares of the mat-furred loners hiding behind the dumpsters and trash bags, trying not to think in jealousy for the Powerful's sleek and healthy coat.

One of the more ragged toms jumped off the top of one of the trash cans, landing in front of Searingeyes and hissing, clawing at Searingeye's muzzle wildly.

Without a sound, Searingeyes stepped back slightly, the tom's claws missing him. Searingeyes lashed out with his own claws, reinforced with sharpened dog's teeth and very deadly compared to the dull, filthy claws of this tom. Searingeyes's claws connected with the tom's head, sending the tom spinning to the ground screaming in pain.

The other rogues who had been considering attacking now cowered, eyes wide in fear.

Searingeyes regarded the fallen tom with burning eyes, seeing every thought that had ever crossed this tom's mind in his whole existence.
"Scum of the City," Searingeyes hissed, scoring his claws lightly across the tom's face, giving him a scar to remember him by. "Do something constructive with your life, will you?" Searingeyes spat at the tom and padded off, thoughts to beyond this place.

A while later...

In truth, Searingeyes had once living in the City. Of course, it had been a very long time ago and now things were different.
The more things change the more they stay the same, he thought wryly, noting on how things really hadn't changed that much. The same buildings were there, the same food being dropped by careless vendors, cats and dogs still running out to grab what they could.
And the one thing that hadn't changed at all was this: The city was still broken and Abyssclan was to blame.

Two Sun-Shifts Later...

Searingeyes could smell the presence of cats that smelled somewhat like himself now. He had to be careful now. Earlier, he had masked his scent by rolling in two-leg garbage, dirtying his pelt in the process.

Jace, Gatherer of Cityclan, was out searching for good food for his clan. His long tortie, yet somewhat dirty pelt almost glistened in the fading sunlight.
His gray eyes gleamed as he looked around, skilled in the ways of searching. What he found, though, was surprising to say the least.
It was a dark brown tom with strange gold eyes. No scars or disfigurements, this tom looked at Yami with the utmost confidence as he mewed,
"I know who you are. The fact that I am here before you does not matter in the slightest, Jace, son on Bloodclan. What I am about to ask of you is no small matter."

Jace gulped, but his ears were pricked forward. The tom continued,
"I need a nursing queen. There are four kits in the Forest, were I am from, and they will die without nourishment. And if they die, both mine and your Clans will never reach their common goals. Will you help me?"

Jace took a deep breath then mewed,
"How do I know that you won't kill me?" Yami glanced at the tom's reinforced claws.

The tom laughed softly.
"You don't. That's where trust comes in. Answer me quickly, Jace, I do not have the time to wait around."

Jace thoughts raced, his intelligent mind processing the situation. Was it coincidence that this tom strongly resembled Saran, one of the Saviors of Bloodclan? Was it coincidence that this tom found him so quickly, or that he knew his name?
But the kits he spoke of... He couldn't risk it.
"I'll help you," he mewed solemnly.

The dark colored tom nodded curtly.
"Good."

Jace slowly padded up to the tom then turned, mewing,
"I'll lead you only so far. Then you'll have to wait for me."

Searingeyes nodded.
"I know. Lead the way, Youngling."

Jace began to lead. As they walked he called back,
"You know, a Youngling is what a cat is before they choose their career."

The tom chuckled.
"Where I'm from, we call that a Choosing. Younglings are what we call cats that are at least three years younger than ourselves."

Jace's ears flicked back.
"It doesn't look like you're even two!"

The tom chuckled again.
"Not physically, no."

The two fell silent, Jace thinking of the Queen and the tom thinking of home.
"By the way," Jace called back, "What's you name?"

"My name tends to change, but I am called Searingeyes."

Jace stopped and turned around.
"You're really from the forest?"

Searingeyes nodding, his eyes gleaming.
"Yes. I was born there, as was my father, and his father, and his father. It's all I know."

Jace nodded then went back to walking.
"So... What's it like in the forest?"

"Different from here. Very different. It isn't too often that cats go without eating, but leaf-bare is always the worst. We hunt, we share our food, we defend our borders."

Jace was impressed.
"It sort of sounds like what we do," he commented. "Only we don't hunt. There's never any prey around here."

Searingeyes nodded, murmuring in partial sympathy.
"What do you do for food?" He knew already but he was making conversation.

"Oh, we gather two-leg food and carrion. That's my job, since I'm a Gatherer."

The conversation picked up and dropped, picked up and dropped again as they walked, both of the toms somewhat wary of each other.

Finally, they arrived.
"Wait here," Jace hissed. "If they see a Clan cat, they'll go beserk."

Searingeyes was a little confused.
"We're descendants of the same Clan."
Jace nodded.
"Our Chancellor, Satin, has been telling us that we don't need your clan anymore. It's dangerous for you here... Though, I think you could handle any one of us if you wanted," he glanced at the reinforced claws.

Searingeyes nodded and mewed,
"Fine, then. But go quickly!"

Jace nodded and ran off, his fur streaming in the wind.

Last edited by Longstorm on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

CLOSED Searching for the Right One Empty Re: CLOSED Searching for the Right One

Post by Longstorm Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 am

A while later, Jace came back with a tuxedo-marked she-cat. The scent of milk and kits was heavy on her, and she looked at Searingeyes with questioning yellow eyes.
"Jace, what is this," she whispered. "I thought you said there were four kits who needed milk!"
"Don't worry, Terra, it's okay. He's from our sister Clan, and he needs our help!" Terra looked at Searingeyes and dipped her head.
"Abyssclannian," she mewed in reverence. Searingeyes sighed in exasperation.
"No time for pleasantries," he mewed sharply. "You're needed in the forest."
Terra looked surprised.
"The kits are... In the forest?" Searingeyes nodded.
"They can't be raised in the City," he mewed, "they wouldn't be able to do what is needed of them if they did."
Terra hesitated but nodded.
"Take me to them, Abyssclannian." Searingeyes sighed again in exasperation.
"It's Searingeyes. And follow me!" He looked back at Jace and mewed, "You coming?"
Jace froze.
"You want me to come with?" Searingeyes shrugged.
"You could be of use." Jace shook his head,
"N-no. One cat missing is enough." Searingeyes nodded and lead Terra away, leaving Jace standing on the cement parking lot alone.
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 am

OOC: Thought I should pop in and make sure you don't finish an awesome topic without me! Cool

IC:
Not far away. Was Carr. He was a large bird, known as a raven, his eyes watchful, all though he knew he was not supposed to be here. He remembered the choclate brown tom from the group of cats that he was serving.

For his service he was given what they did not eat, These cats were not wasteful though good protection they were indeed.

The Black beast looked up and took in what he saw. Black cat being led away by the choclate tom. Carr hesitated, this was his masters friend. But the birs opened his wings and followed any way, curiosity catching the bird.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Longstorm Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 am

OOC: Not chocolate. More dark bronze.
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group