The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

GROUP  COUNT  rainpelt  

Returning, dusk only shifts away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Returning, dusk only shifts away Empty Returning, dusk only shifts away

Post by Loki Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Swiftwind carried a greater woodpecker stonily across the clearing and to the Tawneyclan camp. 
He wasted no effort in dropping the prey down into a stump and waiting for the apprentices to all meet up to drop their prey as well . 

He felt so tired as he watched them come one by one, over. Mosspaw and Sinewpaw who should both bare warrior names by now... Stonepaw oversized for his name and fresh for this life.

Swiftwind sighed deeply before hopping up and crossing onto a branch that was supported by the hollowed tree of the warrior dens. The husk at the neck of this branch offered space for two warriors. He lay just outside as Leopardstorm rolled over tiredly to greet him before coming out and laying next to him, looking down at the apprentices bellow. 

"They look exhausted," she commented and then looked at Swiftwind in concern, "so do you, I hate to say it but I've seen straighter whiskers on a mouse." 
The tom tilted his head in a shrug at an attempt at nonchalance but he started to wash himself despite this. 
"We went far into the back territories of Tawneyclan, I found a pond full of floating birds. They saw me before I saw them, but I think just one could feed this entire clan for two days. If we could somehow catch them on water...mmm, no... I bet they nest in the reeds."

"Yeah." Leopardstorm replied, "but this looks like a good load of fresh kill Swiftwind, it'll be enough."
"It took all day to find, and those apprentices are bone weary."
"Do you think it's time to talk to Ezzie about making them warriors, we... we really need that." 
Swiftwind looked worriedly down at the youngsters, his teeth parting in a soft sigh, "I don't think so."

"They're good cats, more than I give them credit for. Sinewpaw is stuck in a daze, his stalking and hunting skills are good, but his fighting needs more work. Mosspaw was an outstanding apprentice, everyone talked about her skills and dexterity but now..." the Tawneyclan deputy shook his head, "It's like she's gone back in horse paces."

Leopardstorm looked down at the apprentices bellow, who were probably discussing techniques, she hoped anyway, or maybe they were as miserable as the clan overall felt? 

"Those two are certainly behind. I think it was a big shock to them, we only know what basically happened on their quest, we don't know what happened inside them. Give it time."

Swiftwind bit his bottom lip, "you could look out for Sinewpaw, couldn't you? I think your ways would suit him so. You're most agile of us, he could use that knowledge." 
Something akin to worry flickered in Leopardstorm's eyes and she said lowly, "what about Stonepaw?" 

"He's fine," Swiftwind said softly, "he needs clan experience and that's why Solarstorm was such a good choice. It not, however, when the old tom is too rattled to actually teach him anything of use. Both he and Mosspaw are too soft."
"Or maybe you're too hard," the she-warrior chastised gently. 
Misery rooted on Swiftwind's face. 

"I miss them, they were my litter mates."
"I know, I miss them too, I miss Tigerflame; Solarstorm is getting awfully weak you know? Missing Lokistar..."
The two sat there in silence watching the purple of the sky promise a bright blue day in the morning as it cast long shadows across the field. 

Below, Sinewpaw licked at his aching shoulder muscles, irritated and tired while Mosspaw felt no better....
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Returning, dusk only shifts away Empty Re: Returning, dusk only shifts away

Post by Ezziestar Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:35 am

Upon the arrival of the hunting patrol, Ezziestar emerged from her den. She gazed down at the cats briefly before deciding to consult Swiftwind about the efforts of the apprentices. She watched as Swiftwind made his way to the warrior den, she made her way over, in a way to greet and talk with him. Upon approaching the den, Ezziestar announced her arrival, "How went the patrol?" She asked, her voice quiet in an attempt to not interrupt their conversation.

Stonepaw took his kill to where the fresh kill pile was located, he felt inwardly defeated and tired, but tried to remember the events that had happened. He wanted to get better, he needed to get better. But he didn't know how. Shaking his head, he tried to convince himself, Swiftwind was just trying to teach us... right? He wanted to test whether we were ready to fight last notice?

He groaned inwardly as he recalled the fear that he had felt in his heart, the one that kept his paws in place. I must've looked so weak then. Oh well... better luck next time... next time, I won't back down. Feeling a newfound sense of determination, Stonepaw decided to sit and try grooming himself to calm down.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

http://warriorsofthesun.createforum.eu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:24 am

Leopardstorm sat up a little as the leader came over, So did Swiftwind. 

"Their hunting is commendable, for the journey and the damage still out there, they caught a lot. I ran them through a training excersize, there are problems. Though I think it's time they need. Mosspaw needs time, Stonepaw needs experience and Sinewpaw needs more battle training."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 am

Ezziestar nodded slowly, her mind deep in thought as she reflected on the feedback that Swiftwind had given of the apprentices' abilities.
Ezziestar sighed inwardly, "Is that so? Well... it's about time that I reassigned mentors for Sinewpaw and Mosspaw. That should help aid their training."

I'm sure by now they should be warriors... but after the battle... we haven't had much in the way of training... maybe I was too worried that they wouldn't be ready?
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:07 am

Leopardstorm piped up, her tone soft and unintrusive, "I'd love to mentor Sinewpaw." 

Swiftwind nodded at Ezziestar's words," I think Solarstorm is no longer capable of mentoring Stonepaw. He's ill and ageing and wont admit it but he's spent so long tucked up in his nest... it's not fair to Stonepaw either."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:26 pm

At Leopardstorm's words Ezziestar turned her attention towards the senior warrior. Her shoulders relaxed somewhat, she felt internal relief that one apprentice can be settled. She dipped her head in agreement to Leopardstorm's request.

"Yes, you'd be a wonderful mentor for Sinewpaw."

She then turned her attention to Swiftwind once again. "You're right Swiftwind." She sighed quietly, "I still need to figure out the best mentor for both Stonepaw and Mosspaw. Would you mind taking on an apprentice?"

Ezziestar tried to remain calm, she didn't want to come off unable to make her own mind up. I considered assigning an apprentice to Honeyfang... But I need to know if Swiftwind would like to take on an apprentice of his own.

She began hating her inward feeling of inexperience when it came to leader matters. She still missed Lokistar.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:37 am

Swiftwind nodded, "Yes Ezziestar, I will take on an apprentice." He thought for a moment before saying, "I'd be honored." 

A bird twittered in the distance, singing to the lonely, wounded forest as the cats spoke about the future of their younger generation.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Relief swept through Ezziestar, she dipped her head, "I'll call a clan meeting at Sunhigh." ((I'm only assuming it's before midday at this time. Please correct me if I'm wrong. XD))

Deep in her mind, she began wondering how a leader was supposed to re-assign mentors, especially if one wasn't willing to accept their age had caught up with them. She began hoping that she was making the right choice.

Despite this she stayed in the warrior den for some time. Secretly she felt more lonely in her own den, since Starclan didn't really speak to her and she had no idea if they were speaking to other clans. Her face reflected some of her worry, but only for a brief moment, "I'll be in my den." She finally decided, announcing her leave before heading out.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:22 pm

A little startled at her sudden leave, Leopardstorm and Swiftwind sent each other a worried glance and Swiftwind found himself following almost tentatively after her. 
"Ezziestar," he said one from earshot of the she-warrior, Leoparstorm, "what's bothering you?"
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:54 am

Ezziestar stopped dead in her tracks when she heard someone call her name. Turning quickly around to face Swiftwind, realising that she must have been behaving odd, Ezziestar shook her head, "N-Nothing, Everything's..." She sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to convince him.

"I'm just... worried." She finally replied, staring down at her paws, looking up every so often. "I miss everyone... Lokistar, Tigerflame... everyone. And, I don't even know what a proper leader should do in a time like what we are going through. And there hasn't been any sniff from Starclan, they haven't been talking to us and I'm worried..."

Her voice began breaking as she whispered under her breath, "What if Starclan's plan is for Tawnyclan to die off?" She took a shuddery breath, as if a sudden chill took her. Deep down she knew that wasn't the case. But the thought still wouldn't leave her mind.

She continued to keep her gaze low, unsure as to how Swiftwind was going to react. And even the thought of him reacting negatively concerned her.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:46 am

Horror dawned on Swiftwind's fae, "do you think so? Do you truly think Starclan wish for that?"
He paused and looked away, over the clan, over cats licking their tired paws, sharing the fresh kill and sleeping heavily on the branches of their new home.

"If only Starclan sent you or Pantherleap a vision... Or if we could speak to one of the other clans..."

"Ezziestar," He direscted his attention fully back to his leader, "It's time the clans returned to the gatherings, so we an finally speak to one another. We cannot go on in silence any longer. And... Strikefast is still in Darkclan with the kits, we haven't done anything about that... they must think we've abandoned them!"
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 am

At Swiftwind's first question, Ezziestar shied away, her head and ears lowered and her expression sad. 

At the mention of her name, Ezziestar looked up and listened to Swiftwind's suggestion of going back to the gatherings. A sudden chill swept through Ezziestar's spine, Back to the gathering... But... It's not the same as it once was...

Ezziestar turned away once more, "I've never lead the clan to a gathering before... I don't know what to say... It won't be the same without..." She trailed off, but then shook her head as she regained what was left of her confidence and composure, "No... You're right Swiftwind... We've been silent and separated from the other clans for too long... I'm just... worried."

She waited silently, however allowed herself to straighten up. I know our clan can never forget the events that occurred at Bloodstones... But Swiftwind's right... It's been too long since our clan returned to the way it should be. It's about time we moved on...

Sighing inwardly, Ezziestar prepared herself to do what was necessary for Tawnyclan. It's not about what I want anymore.

((Not saying that's her opinion before... but at the current time she had been reluctant, due to being a new leader, but also because she was worried about having to step up... been the worry ever since Lokistar joined Starclan in the first place.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am

Swiftwind nodded and said in a gentle tone, "I think it's time to stop thinking about what Lokistar would do. What's important is what you want to do. She chose you to lead this clan for a reason."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:19 am

Ezziestar had been staring down at her paws until Swiftwind responded. Causing her to look up and face the exact words she had been needing to hear. 

She nodded in response, "You're right Swiftwind. But it's no longer a matter of what I want to do. Our clan needs to see the other clans. We can't all live in the dark forever. And our clan needs to address the mentorship of our remaining apprentices so far."

She paused, allowing herself to recollect her thoughts, she sat up a little straighter as she spoke, "Can I ask you to gather up Mosspaw, Sinewpaw and Stonepaw? So at least they can be aware of the rementoring?"
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:47 am

Swiftwind nodded. "Of course Ezziestar."

The tom turned and made his way down the the branches to the apprentices who were grooming themselves tiredly bellow. 

Sinewpaw glowered at a particular bit of grass that was breaking its way upwards. "this has been the worst day known to cat kind," he mewed in a huff, "worst."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:45 pm

Ezziestar watched silently as her deputy went ahead towards where the apprentices were located. Once he was out of her eyesight, Ezziestar sighed as she went into her den. She knew that things weren't going to be easy, but the clan needed to move on. I need to move on... Oh Starclan... Please may I be doing the right thing.

Stonepaw was grooming himself in an effort to calm down. Nervousness pricked at him ever since the hunting patrol returned. He knew deep down, that this was only the start for his training to becoming a Tawnyclan warrior. The thought alone gave him a feeling of hope and excitement.

Stonepaw listened to Sinewpaw's disappointed mew, he smiled weakly, "Yeah... But things could be worse." He offered, half jokingly, in an attempt to lighten the mood.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:23 pm

The sound of a cat landing in the cold grass pricked Sinewpaw's ears up to attention. He turned to look slightly passed Stonepaw and a cool voice mewed. 

"We'll see about that soon enough, Stonepaw," Swiftwind came over to the apprentices. 
Mosspaw looked up from where she was napping and deflated a little, "We're not going on another patrol are we?" 
Swiftwind smiled but it had no humor in it, "the least of your worries should be another patrol. Ezziestar is going to be announcing your new mentors soon."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:15 am

At the sound of Swiftwind's unexpected arrival, Stonepaw flinched. Stonepaw turned to face the deputy as he approached the apprentices.

New mentors?
Stonepaw, now rather confused, shook his head a little, "New mentors? But what about Solarstorm?" He had a confused expression on his face, "Wouldn't he be a little disappointed if someone else took over his mentorship?"
He didn't intend on challenging Swiftwind, however he did take a step forwards, confusion clouding his thoughts.

Can Ezziestar really change mentors like that?

((Hooooo Boy! XD I'm just imagining Swiftwind's expression just before.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Swiftwind turned to look at Stonepaw with a frown. 

"Solarstorm is no longer capable to mentor you, Stonepaw, do you expect a half dead mouse to escape once you've caught it?" 
Swiftwind sat and licked his paw thoughtfully, "How many times has the old warrior left his den to mentor you? I wonder. Not many. It's been me juggling the three of you since he became deranged over Lokistar's death. I can't be deputy and juggle you three. It's not fair for you guys." 

Sinewpaw huffed in annoyance, "It's about time, as well." 
Mosspaw felt a pressure and anxiety she had been holding onto slip away at this news. Swiftwind's strict schedules and scaving criticisms were going away. She couldn't help but purr at the news. 

"Don't all look so pleased... one of you," Swiftwind stood and turned whimsically away, "will be my apprentice. I cannot wait to direct all of my attention on that lucky cat." 

The tom jumped to a relatively high branch, allowing the dying sunlight to drown out his figure and the apprentices to squint up at where he disappeared.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:18 pm

As Swiftwind responded to Stonepaw, he quickly backed off, realisation hit him. He instead looked toward the ground, sitting down as he did so.

Stonepaw waited until Swiftwind left, then he asked the others, "I wonder who'd be Swiftwind's apprentice?" His eyes didn't leave where the deputy had left until he finished his question, slowly turning his head to listen for any responses.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Mosspaw frowned, before saying in agitation, "well... in any case, as long as it's not me, I won't have a complaint. He's more hard work than a hedgehog." 

Sinewpaw frowned and patted at his tail worriedly with his paw, "well, when Ezziestar shouts, I guess we'll know."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:19 am

Stonepaw shifted his weight of balance from one side to another where he sat. He felt rather uncomfortable hearing the others talk about Swiftwind being difficult to work with. 

"Yeah I guess we'll find out." He replied quietly. He then began to groom himself to try and calm down.

((Would it be ok if I began the clan meeting now? Or should I wait?))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:25 am

The sky was dimming, not  helped by the wisps of cloud that made their way across it's vast expanse. 

(OOC: Yep, you're the boss)
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:13 pm

As the sun was lowering and the sky began to darken, Ezziestar sighed as she emerged from her den. Straightening herself up, she cried out, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join here beneath High Branch for a clan meeting."

She watched and waited for her clan to gather below her.

Stonepaw's ears twitched at the sound of Ezziestar's voice. "I guess it's time." He spoke finally to the others as he made his way to where the clan was to gather.

((Hope that's ok. XD It's easier for me to continue in this thread then creating a new one, even though it doesn't take much effort to. I could continue it in a new thread if you want me to.))

((Edit: I created a new topic for the re-mentoring announcement here: https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net/t1720-apprentice-ceremony-is-held#18588

Feel free to respond in that topic. Smile Hope it is all ok.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top