The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

rainpelt  COUNT  GROUP  

Sunhigh of the New Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunhigh of the New Day Empty Sunhigh of the New Day

Post by Longstorm Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 am

The Clan had sprung to life as the sun had risen higher and higher into the sky, each and every one of the cats all heading off to greet the day one way or another, whether it be sparring or hunting or helping out around the camp (especially since there were no apprentices to be assigned camp duties). But as soon as the sun reached its peak, the Clan slowed to a near halt. Being well into Green-leaf, the sun beat down harshly and heat up the day to the point where doing anything seemed too much effort.
So everyone hung out in the well-shaded areas of the DewClan camp and talked. It was the Clanly thing to do, something the older ones had already known to do before even Daystar had ever told them about Clan custom.
Hollystalk regaled Petalsong with the emptiness of the Clan borders, and how the marsh bugs sang their irritating song all through the marsh all morning while she and the others had patrolled. In turn, Petalsong told her about life in the nursery, living with both Frostfire and Grimclaw's individual litters, and about waiting for her own kitting to come. To Hollystalk, Petalsong's stories were far more exciting than her's, in comparison to the sheer boringness of that morning's patrol.
She even said so Petalsong, and Petalsong had laughed.
"I'm glad for the quiet," the soon-to-be-queen purred. "It means my kits - and my sister's kits - will stay safe." She seemed content with this. "If it could be quiet for all of my kits' lives, I would be happy forever, I just know it." She looked a little abashed at being so openly wishful, but otherwise as content as could be. Hollystalk wished to be the same way - not pregnant, but content.
"Well, I wish the same for your kits too," Hollystalk said after a beat. The two shared the moment serenely.

OOC: tbc...
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Sunhigh of the New Day Empty Re: Sunhigh of the New Day

Post by Longstorm Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:43 am

Grimclaw was laying in the shade of one of the tangy-smelling bushes in the camp. With him were his four kits, all of who were using him as a tree.
"I'm the highest," one called from their spot on his shoulder.
"No, ME!" Another leaped straight at their sibling, knocking them off and over Grimclaw's shoulder - though they did go together.
The two laughed as they fell into the bush. A play-scuffle broke out between the two of them not a moment after.
Sparky (however long that name would last) was doing their best to emulate their father. The kit was laying in the same position and was doing their best to look serious. It wasn't an uncommon game for Grimclaw's kits to play. They copied other things he did too, like battle moves he showed them and hunting stances too. Sometimes they even tried to talk like him - but did Grimclaw really sound so bossy to everyone else? He wasn't sure. Whether or not he really was bossy, he was very proud of his kits. The joy and pride he felt seemed stronger than anything he'd ever felt in his entire life.
"Don't bite for real," Grimclaw reminded the scuffling kits. "Or you'll have to visit Mistjay and eat an icky herb."
"I bet they aren't VERY icky," smartly snapped the fourth kit, who promptly leaped on top of Sparky. Sparky automatically engaged in the mock-battle, giggling all the way.
Grimclaw scoffed and fondly wondered where these kits got their attitudes from. He didn't spend time wondering for long - he had to focus on making sure his four kits didn't accidentally hurt themselves, or each other.

The mentioned Mistjay, meanwhile, was off lounging in her own shadow, like a lump on a log. What a downer. What a downer, Mistjay.

OOC: tbc...
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:43 am

Nightkit's ears perked up as she noticed the other kits playing around Grimclaw. After feeling down and missing her family, she felt her mood lifted as she watched the others play.

Nightkit glanced around the outside of the nursery, a question made it's way into her head. She slowly approached Frostfire, "Excuse me, Frostfire." Nightkit said as she approached the white she-cat, "How long does it take to become an apprentice?"
She hesitated slightly before continuing, "Momma told me when I become big I can be an apprentice, but how big do I need to be?"

Her eyes were wide with curiosity as she waited, her question hung in the air.
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

http://warriorsofthesun.createforum.eu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Longstorm Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:59 am

OOC: She's three moons right? Pretty sure she's three moons...

Frostfire paused in licking her shoulder. "You need to be at least six moons old," she said after a moment. "So you're halfway there." The she-cat looked at the kit knowingly, understanding that three moons must be an eternity to someone who had only lived half as long. "Daystar said, at six moons a cat is big enough to learn how to fight a full-grown warrior."

OOC: All I know about this cat just "WHOOSH" went from my head. pale pale
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:10 am

((It's ok. XD We'll assume 3 moons... it makes sense to me.))

Nightkit groaned inwardly, instead she said, "I wonder what it's like being an apprentice..." Her voice trailed off as she thought of Eaglekit and Dreamkit. I wish Eaglekit and Dreamkit were here with me...
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Longstorm Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 pm

OOC: Will respond later today!
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:52 pm

((That's fine))

Nightkit's thoughts were interrupted by her imagination. "I'll be the bestest apprentice ever!" She crouched before leaping playfully at what she pretended was an enemy cat. She leaped back before pawing out with a small sheathed paw.

Happy she won her battle, Nightkit puffed out her chest, "I'll win always." Her meow was rather enthusiastic, however, she knew deep down that that wouldn't be true.

A slight breeze picked up behind her somewhat, but soon stopped as she did. She flicked her tail, ignoring it.

((XD I thought it was best to add a bit more for Nightkit, since I haven't roleplayed in quite some time.))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezziestar Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:11 pm

((Bump?))
Ezziestar
Ezziestar

Back to top Go down