The Outcast Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Character Database

Keywords

rainpelt  GROUP  COUNT  

CLOSED Mistjay and Maplejay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CLOSED Mistjay and Maplejay Empty CLOSED Mistjay and Maplejay

Post by Runfast Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 pm

OOC: This is a big placeholder until I know what Loki wants to do!

Last edited by Runfast on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

CLOSED Mistjay and Maplejay Empty Re: CLOSED Mistjay and Maplejay

Post by Loki Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:47 pm

OOC: Ohhh I'll start.
IC:
Maplejay peered around the Moonfall. Droplets tumbled from the caves many fang like stalactites, hitting the ground with an unheard 'throp' or making their way into the shallow pools that had corroded away into the floor.
It was beautiful. Unusual but beautiful. Maplejay felt unwelcome here though. She supposed this was proof of her not being the rightful leader of Dewclan, in a way... she was glad. She had Ravenswift now and whatever it was they'd have to look forward to.
She wondered if Daystar would return, with opened eyes. Doubt crossed her thoughts as she wondered of the tom. The fool. She sighed softly and found herself looking for Mistjay in the silver light of the Moonfall.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://outcastwarriors.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Tue May 14, 2013 5:39 am

Mistjay had gone on in front, streaming down the path with a certainty of a cat going home. Now she stood before the stalactites and stalagmites, her green eyes round with unknown emotion. A cold, wet breeze came from somewhere above, one of the holes in the red quarry that made up the Bloodstones, supplying air; Mistlight's light gray, scarred pelt gleamed in the light. She turned, her dark eyes luminous in the watery reflections scattered throughout the cave.
"Are you ready," she meowed in the darkness, her voice calm and reassuring, nothing betraying how she was borderline frantic. Her mind was shadowed by the dreams she'd experienced when she last shared dreams with her ancestors. She could only pray fervently that Maplejay would experience nothing like it for any reason. I pray that my presence doesn't anger anyone...oh, Jayleaf... Her heart ached and her tail trembled imperceptibly.

OOC: EDIT: Outside of the Moonfall is dark, so there wouldn't be any light coming in. My mistake... Embarassed

Last edited by Runfast on Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Maplejay stood, bow legged for a moment, she... she wasn't sure she could do this. She breathed in calmly and padded forwards.
"I'm ready Mistjay..."
OOC: Just realized Mistjay and Maplejay have the same affix...
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

Mistjay nodded, her gaze understanding as Maplejay hesitated then approached her. "Crouch," she gestured to where the stalactites pointed. "And allow one of the droplets to land on your face or your head. Then we will sleep, and we shall see our ancestors. You go first," she urged softly.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed May 15, 2013 4:16 pm

"Okay," Maplejay replied in understanding.
She came fourth and crouched bellow one of the cave's jagged teeth.
"Like th_" She went on to say closing her eyes but had no more time given to reach the end of the sentence as an ice cold drop tapped into her mind.
She then saw black.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Mistjay nodded sagely. She exhaled and pulled herself together, attempting to still her trembling tail and slow her erratic heartbeat. But to no avail. The she-cat slowly, as though through a mire, padded towards the dripping water and sat. A freezing drop smacked the outside of her right ear and she felt the cold overtake her brain in a second.
Then she was gone.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 am

Mistjay slowly opened her eyes. She lifted her head off of the cold floor and looked next to her at Maplejay. Still asleep, but not for long.
Good. Then I can talk to her - better than nothing, since StarClan has it out for me... Mistjay felt a jolt of resentment at her ancestors. She did what she thought was right! DewClan needed her! And Jayleaf was already...
She didn't deserve to be treated this way by StarClan.
DewClan still needs me - this prophecy I know, it's the reason I came with, because I faintly remembered it. And I must speak to Maplejay about what Bramblepaw, resenment, told her. I've heard it once before - at least part of it, I think...

OOC: My old siggie pic of Redstar's "My Clan needs me" was wrong. Should have been Mistjay!
Mistjay is a little forgetful and bitter... Shocked 
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 am

Her joints hurt. She took that as a sign of the moving world where pain was something she knew.
She rose slowly her haunches low. And looked to see if Mistjay was awake. She had some things to say, some sharp words considering Starclan.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Mistjay rolled over onto her stomach and then slowly rose to her paws. "Maplejay?" She was glad to see that the warrior had awakened. "Maplejay - how are you?"
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 am

"I am fine Mistjay. We have much to discuss. Let us say it here where there are no prying ears." The calico she-cat's eyes searched those of Mistjay. "I hope you'll agree with me."
But what if she didn't...
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:58 am

Mistjay cocked her head. "I have something to say as well - you go first, I'm listening." She sat and wrapped her tail around her paws, looking at Maplejay intently in the murky darkness.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 pm

"I understand if you're completely against it... being a medicine cat, Mistjay." She nodded to herself, trying to refortify some confidence, "We're about to be attacked, overwhelmed and ended be those feral swines. Yet Starclan sends us Bramblepaw. An apprentice and he thinks we are in the wrong. I might be impulsive but Daystar and Dewdrop ditched us and went off with half of the clan to Abyssclan who we know to be dangerous and cruel.
I brought everyone to Moonfall where we might be cold and wet but we're safe. Would Daystar've dragged the kits to Abbysclan too if we had gone by the warrior code?"
She calmed herself a little before continuing, "I'm grateful for the prophecy, I really am but I don't think it will help the clan much. I think Starclan are not as powerful as Daystar led me to believe. Mistjay... I don't think our clan needs Starclan."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 pm

OOC: Shocked Shocked Shocked 

IC: Mistjay opened her mouth then closed it. Then opened it again then closed it. She stared. "Maplejay," she meowed quietly. "Maplejay - I..." The medicine cat grasped for words. Maplejay's words frightened her. Bramblepaw's refusal to acknowledge her frightened her. The prophecy given by Bramblepaw frightened her - it tread so close to what she and Shadowspot had done that it nearly paralyzed her with fear.
"StarClan has told me many things in my short life," she said finally. "I came with you because of what they have told me - I was told to not stray close to AbyssClan days before Daystar revealed his plan. I was told the Bloodstones would be safe, all with fire around me, warning of the fires moons before they happened. StarClan only wants what is best for DewClan." Though she wasn't sure if she believed StarClan wanted what was best for herself.
"I know that the Clans are better off with StarClan than without. I can't explain it, but I know, Maplejay. I know." Mistjay spoke with conviction.

OOC: There should be an omen about Mistjay and Shadowspot. And Brownhowl.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 pm

"Before Daystar came, I walked the hard paths of the city. I had no Starclan and I was perfectly fine... even happier. Since joining I can only see suffering. Cats planning masses just to kill more cats... It used to be dogs we fear and maybe the odd stray who was hungry for territory.
I am forever grateful in the giving of the prophecy. I always thought Starclan might have intervened by now... where were they went Tawneyclan set a light?"
She came closer to Mistjay, "You must have felt it... Mistjay? How Bramblepaw looked at us, how he spoke. You must have noticed something off?"
She searched the medicine cat's eyes, "Why should we feed our clan words about the stars. They are cats just like us, but in our dreams, not powerful cats of wisdom queens tell their kits about."
She shook her head, "He didn't even speak to you. I would have understood if he ignored me and spoke to you but I couldn't help but notice. Then he argued... Argued that instead the clan should have continued to Abbysclan... Mistjay, can't you see that Starclan are just hyped up dream walkers?"

OOC: Maplejay will be hit with lightening XD
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:35 pm

OOC: I now understand how it feels to sense a disturbance in the Force... I AM A JEDI! What a Face 

IC: Mistjay sighed through her nose. Sure, she harbored some dislike for StarClan, but she never expected to be put on the defensive about her beliefs by one of her own Clanmates. "They're our ancestors," she all but exclaimed. "Cats of DewClan who have gone before us - trying to teach us so we don't make their mistakes!"
'Look not to the Abyss for your dreams - they care only for their own! Never trust! Never trust!' Why was that verse popping up in her head again? Could it be that she misinterpreted it before? But what did it mean?
"It is by the will of StarClan that so many cats of TawnyClan survived the awful fires. It is by the will of StarClan that we're all here - TawnyClan, DewClan, and soon DarkClan! This is meant to be, Maplejay, can't you see?" Couldn't she see, Mistjay wondered as she searched the calico's face in the dark.

OOC: Maplejay figured it out. We have to kill her. lol! lol! lol!
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:15 pm

OOC: XD
IC:
Maplejay shook her head. "I don't see it. I'm sorry."
She looked away from Mistjay as she mewed, "I must not be able to see it like you do. Or anyone else."

OOC:
I suppose she is one of those who ask: "If there is a god, why does bad stuff happen?"
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Mistjay sighed frustratedly through her nose. "Then will you not consider the prophecy given by StarClan?" She couldn't help but stress the word.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am

Mapljay was disappointed in Mistjay, she looked away for a moment and sighed, "I will."
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Mistjay nodded. "Alright... now what?"

OOC: I forgot what I was doing. DAMN it's been too long.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:26 pm

"I suppose we better return to the clan. I will tell them about the prophecy and... head on from there."
She breathed in and exhaled soflty.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Mistjay's ears flicked in uncertainty. "Alright then." Her shoulders were slightly tense and her voice was sharper after the conversation pertaining to StarClan.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Runfast Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:17 am

OOC: BUMP. Just tossing that in there.

IC: Mistjay stood and shook out her pelt, still ruffled by StarClan's dismissal. If I had done anything different then.. It was too late. But not too late for my Clan, she thought, her mind suddenly razor sharp with intensity, the shock sending a jolt of energy from her nose to her tail to the tips of her paws. She needed StarClan, this much was true, but her Clan needed a medicine cat more. Mistjay could not continue to allow herself to be dragged into despair every time she was reminded of StarClan's opinion of her; she had to be stronger than that.
I am stronger than that.
The scarred she-cat turned and padded towards the cavernous exit of the Moonfall, to the tunnels that would lead up and out to the Mouth, and beyond it, the territories.
Runfast
Runfast
LS's Group
LS's Group

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:27 am

Maplejay slowly followed the She-cat out, slowly because she was lost in thought.
Starclan was no help, she decided, she would have to get her clan through this herself.

OOC: I'll take this back to the Moonfall shall I?
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Longstorm Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:57 am

OOC: Just go, Loki. Fly. Be free!  cheers 
Longstorm
Longstorm
LS's Group
LS's Group